Tuesday 11 October 2011

So new badge and what is a Gooner!

If I had known how long it takes to design a logo/badge for the site I may never have started but it's done! I really hope you guys like it and any feedback is much appreciated.

So, after another day of twitter to and fro it came to me. What makes a Gooner? For me having family grow up in the shadow of Highbury, some of the GFS crew have been there. I got my first kit in 1970, along with a tracksuit in the blue and yellow away colours! My first game at Highbury and being with my dad and hearing the noise of the North Bank I was hooked. The ultimate was watching us at Wembley in 71, Charlie George is a true legend! The rest is part of our great history.

As for the people I have met being an Arsenal fans? I can only say that they have become true family, Chris, god rest you, you would be very proud as I know your Dad is. My new Gooner Sussex family who, through our love of Arsenal came together and taking them to West Ham and Scousers at the Emirates last season, to see their faces come alive, to know the passion is with others for my beloved club was worth it's wait in gold and our Sussex family is growing still. The starting of this blog and the people I have talked to on Twitter, I know it is all worth while meeting like minded people who just love their club!

So what makes a Gooner? A love of the team, a passion for support. It does not matter where they are. Can they afford to go to games? Not all are that lucky! Do they watch from which ever country they are in? Yes, they are part of the Arsenal family, a big family which must stick together to get through bad times. I know I have lived through lean times as a supporter, but never gave up. It does not matter that you are at every single game, it does not matter that you go to CL games. What does matter is your support for a club with an amazing history and long may that continue. If you cannot do that and just want trophies? Jog on coz the manc moneh would love to have you.

Laters, The Dog

1 comment: