Monday 3 September 2012

Several wrongs and a big Liverpool right!

Hello and welcome to this which for me is my first blog of the new season.
Firstly i'd like to thank all my followers for their continued support and kind words last season.
As im sure your all aware, i have now changed my name to KatiesGooner85 and that name change is due to my engagement over the summer.
In todays post i hope to cover a little bit of everything, my thoughts on the summer signings and my overall opinion on the club and finally the Liverpool game.
right so here we go...
In my 24+ years of supporting Arsenal i find it hard pushed to think of a summer as stressful as the one that has just passed us by. 3 great signings in Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla really had me excited for the new season, but as is always the way with Arsenal it soon went downhill. Rvp released that statement and Song followed him out the door a week after Robins "little boy inside" decided his piggy bank wasnt heavy enough.
With nearer £80m in the bank we all sat there on the final day of the window expecting Mr Wenger to put his hand in his pocket and spend some money, but as time ticked on and the closer it got to 11pm it became clear that it was never going to happen. Twitter was not a very nice place to be that evening and im sure some of you reading this read my tweets as i was rather vocal myself.
The question you have to ask yourself is why?
Why wasn't money invested?
Some blamed Wenger, some Kroenke and some Gazidis. I myself happen to blame all three.
Since 'Silent Stan' rocked up it seems we have been more interested in making money than the overall success of the club.
Gazidis seems unable to tie down a transfer target or renue a contract, and as for Wenger he seems the man that has to take the brunt of the abuse.
We've all been told to wait till January so thats what i'm going to do, and if nothing materialises then, then things need to be changed and certain people should be sacked.
Now onto the Liverpool game. A game which promised a lot and didnt fail to live up to expectation.
2 bloody 0!!!! what a result and so far the display of the season. Cazorla was superb, Podolski was strong and Diaby's play at times was mouth watering. The introduction of Steve Bould as assistant manager has made us look strong and im full of praise for the work he has done with the first team so far. My fact of the day is that out of all the 92 teams in the football league only one has conceeded no goals this season? can you guess who that team is? ;-)
Anyways enough from me for one day and i look forward to writing for you all again very soon
Much Love
@KatiesGooner85

No comments:

Post a Comment