Friday 6 January 2012

The deal is done...Monday is FA Cup 1970

So, like you all I have been waiting for the end of the loan signing saga, bit like watching, Tenko, (showing my age here) Colditz (and again) XFactor (how much for a text?) Strictly come pay our licence fee (See X Factor) I wish I was a celeb, get me a career et al. Mr Henry finally becomes an Arsenal player again an twitter goes mad with the king is back and return of the king, Arsene is yet to sign any Hobbits, Lion King, oh really please for god sake, welcome the legend home, (Brad Pitt? think movie here) and we have our saviour! Arsene finally signs Jesus so God is a Gooner! Never have I seen so much excitement of a signing of a 34 year old MSl player. Well there was Beckham but the French shot their PR bolt on that and Robbie Keane? It has been my childhood dream etc etc, please insert the team of your choice in here!

Now you will know from my previous blogs that I thought TT was a god at Arsenal and will forever be in his debt for the fantastic football he gave us, but I really do think that a PR machine has been at work on this and some Gunners will believe this is the answer to our Arsenal prayers and we march forward! Well just a quick reality check for all, Arsene has said today that he is at least two weeks off of match fitness, that gives us six weeks then, but also Arsene said he is here to help but will be on the bench and may not feature, well rule out another 2 weeks worth of employ there then. From what I am hearing we may not see him often (Prove me wrong Arsene......Please) an as a Investment it will get us lots of money in shirt sales. Funny that a reporter from NY radio had his comments used to say that the NYRB were going to sell Arsenal, Henry shirts and what a good idea. I only have to say, time will tell, if it does not go well then back off the hysteria on, why did we sign and much sniping from all areas. For me better that we spend money on a player that can give us something long term but will eat sardines if I am wrong.......I really do hate them and I wish TT all the very best for the next to months.

LEEDS, Dirty Leeds, Dammed United, that horrible 70's smiley club badge, Billy Bremmner, the banner with Norman bites ya legs, yes happy memories of a young Gooner, watching his team on TV in their first final before the double year, switching between the BBC and ITV for the all day coverage..... aah happy days. Yes we are on ESPN on Monday. Park looks set to play as does the Ox and RVP to be rested. If only we had a Charlie George. I really do wish to the gods of football that we beat them and we beat them well. After Fulham I need a rest from the JD. Have a good weekend all.

Laters,
The Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment