Friday 13 January 2012

A heroes return

Last week when when signed a 34 year old MLS player as the only back up to RVP (I don't count park as I've resigned myself that he was bought merely to boost revenue I'm Asia) I must admit I was worried.
But that was washed away as I stood at The Grove listening to the bench; number 12 THIERRY HENRY.
I had to reach for the Kleenex.
Our favourite son, club record goalscorer and all round legend returned.
It was written from the off, and I love a bit of sentiment. We were going to play shit (Chamack was heading the line) us fans left to watch a boring Monday night 3rd round FA game tussle back and forth but then boom.
On he came, sporting a refined scrap of facial fluff, dotted about around the box (I loved the overcooked pass from Rambo and the trademark moody head shake) until he got his chance and banged in a most Henry-Esq goal. The Grove went mad. I got shivers all over (as well as texts off half the GFS team telling me exactly how much of a cunt I was for being there) I wont be forgetting that for a long time. Also how fitting on his return for a 1-0 to the Arsenal.
Now I'm not expecting him to save us week in week out and I'm still waiting for a new signing (please Arsene) but that was magic.
I'm still grinning like a Cheshire cat and will be until he goes.

Up the Arse

No comments:

Post a Comment