Tuesday 10 January 2012

Henry vs Cantona

 I know baby's can't support a team but I will happily say I have been a gooner since before I was out of my mum's tummy thanks to my dad, growing up he would be screaming at the TV.. I always thought he had a screw loose until I started watching that is! I remember him giving me his yellow away kit with the three cannons, and I was so proud to own a kit and had a fight with my mum every week to get it into the wash!

 Now we have our highs and lows as a team and last night was most definitely a high. The same night Mr Cantona announced he wants to run for the french presidency the king came back to claim his crown.. now what do you think got more attention? It took Henry under ten minutes to feel at home again and home he definitely is! As Thierry walks on the pitch you could have climbed the wall of defence Leeds tried to put up but it was no match for our king!
Not to put a downer on it but with Henry coming in and scoring the winning goal I can't help but feel that people are going to have high expectations of him, maybe a little too high. Obviously everyone wanted him to come on and put it into the back of the net but the chances of it actually happening where a shot in a million. He got that shot because he's a fan and legend to Arsenal and just a god among men really, haha but in reality we have to realise he won't come on and do that every time.

Just to finish I would like to get really really excited, and scream and shout about going to see Arsenal vs Man Utd at the Emirates stadium, I've only been to see Arsenal play once and that was at Highbury so a few fellow supporter's and good friends of mine are taking me up to see them play..

Adios amigo's..
 we will speak again soon,

Shortstuff  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment