Monday 30 April 2012

Ref's 3 chokes at Stoke

Morning guys @MattCarr85 here to bring you another instalment of what is proving to be a successful blog.
Thanks again for all the kind comments and to all that read the last one and left me feedback on my twitter page, you are the guys that give me the inspiration to sit behind this screen every week and write this.
Now with pleasantries out the way lets get cracking...
First of all to start with Stoke City in a game which again was very slow and offensively displeasing, but what more can you expect from a rugby styled Stoke team. A major plus is that Aaron Ramsey shook his demons off and put in a real shift in the middle of the park, while constantly being booed for having his leg broken by a Stoke player two years ago. The mentality of these Stoke fans is shocking but what more can you expect from fans so thick they don't know if they are watching Football or Rugby. Enough of that though, lets get back to the football. Tomas Rosicky again put in a sublime performance and made the goal with an exquisite cross to the back post for RVP to turn home to go 2 ahead of shrek in the race for the golden boot. Gervinho had a half decent game without impressing and should of scored from a header in the first half, only to see the ball whistle pass that forehead of his. But what strikes me and never fails to amaze is the sheer incompetence of EPL referees. In my opinion Chris Hoy had 3 major decisions to make and called them all wrong.
1. Shawcross's handball from Vermaelens freekick which Hoy himself was stood right in front of.
2. Yossi Benayoun being brought down in the penalty area for what seemed to me to be a stone waller.
3. Dead Whitehead late tackle which should of seen him walk for a second bookable offence.
For all the times I've seen or watched The Premier League this season every game seems to be rife with bad decisions and poor refereeing and you really have to wonder when its all going to stop.
So a 1-1 with Stoke and what on paper seems like a bad result isn't. All the current top 4 have gone there and failed to take 3 points and with Newcastle getting hammered by Wigan 4-0, you have to say that a point with no injuries to our players is a scalp.
Before I started writing this I sent a tweet out on twitter asking if there was anything you would like my opinion on in this blog and a few replied. From my thoughts on Amaury Bischoff's greatest moments to the possibility of having Pep Guardiola as the boss next year. The question I've chosen to cover is, 'how would Arsenal cope playing 4-4-2.
So my thoughts, I have to say I agree a change of tactics may freshen up the squad and do us some good, with Podolski coming in (@Poldolski10 twitter: "Hi folks, as from the coming season I will play Arsenal FC" from the Ed) and providing a partner for RVP (if he stays) it turns out 4-4-2 could be very good for us. Lets not also forget young Ryo coming back having flourished on the wing of a 4-4-2 playing Bolton side. I cant be the only one that feels although we play some beautiful football, some teams seem to have worked out how we play and have almost played us at our own game (Wigan at home). With all this in mind I'm all for 4-4-2 this season.
Thats all for now folks so don't forget to read and let me know your thoughts on my Twitter page @MattCarr85
Thank you for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment