Monday 23 April 2012

Arsenal v Chelski, The Haters And Podolski‏




Hello and welcome to this which is the next instalment of my blog.
Before we start I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all the guys that read the last one and left me lovely comments on my twitter page (@MattCarr85)
In this blog I'd like to cover a few issues but we'll start with a certain 12:45 Saturday kick off at The Emirates.
So what to make of it huh? It was a game that failed to really live up to the billing or to get going. In all honesty from what I made of it Chelsea had to much of an eye on Barcelona away, which in my last blog I told you would probably be the case, either way it was nice to see Koscielny back and impressing as always and also a starting role for The Ox. Tomas Rosicky played while he was ill and put in an impressive shift while Aaron Ramsey had a solid second half too.
I think Mr Wenger must of read my last blog as he brought on Andre Santos in a midfield role and i have to say he was much more comfortable on the wing.
The only real downside other than the result was the sight of Theo Walcott pulling up with a hamstring injury which will see him out for the remaining games of the season. So all in all it was a bit disappointing, but the fact our scummy North London rivals couldn't even manage a draw with QPR made the day a lot happier one.
As many of you know from reading my tweets I seem to be some kind of a magnet for Spud fans who think they have a point (all be a delusional one) but Saturday night it was all quiet and I cant help but laugh at that.
I may be over confident, but I honestly believe we can push on and make that 3rd spot ours now with the biggest threat Newcastle having tricky games against Chelsea and Man City coming up.
So now we'll look to the summer and a mixed bag of emotions from Gooners on the players that will be bought in.
Podolski I'm told is done and Vertonghen is apparently verbally agreed, so with those pair out the picture who would you like to see coming in?
M'vila and Eriksen have been spoken about and either one would be very well received at The Emirates.
I think the biggest signing we can make this summer is our captain on a contract extension and I'm sure many would agree with me on that.
But for now this is me @MattCarr85 signing off and wishing you a wonderful day.
I'll see you on the otherside of Stoke City away

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Matt.rvp is the most important business this summer.given euros this summer its interesting to see possible/probable transfer activity pre tournament.I hope final purchases will be right ones.also in buying in we need to sell off too.that's got obvious candidates but I'm sure there may be surprises too.as my hardest season in years ends I'm proud to say I never once said Wenger out.still life in that old French genius yet.regards tonyddd your Twitter bud

    ReplyDelete