Tuesday 24 April 2012

Clichés & Opinions

It is a much used cliché that people go on a journey or that the said journey is that of a rollercoaster and I think both could used to describe Arsenals season thus far, starting on a decline with our awful start to the season including our mauling at the hands of United, then an incline starting with our 2-1 victory over Sunderland which was the first of 7 victories in 9 matches, which included the scintillating 5-3 win over the Chavs at Stamford Bridge, which I’m proud to say I saw first hand! Then a patchy December, January & February that I’d say was a steady decline.
Then the definite incline started off with our smashing of the Spuds being the first of 8 wins out of 9 and finally our 2 most recent results a loss to Wigan and a drab goalless draw against the Chavs both of which were at home, a small decline but a decline nonetheless, which brings us to our present day.
We were beaten by a better side on the day against Wigan but looked jaded and sloppy against Chelsea, I can’t honestly say why as I believe one of this sides strengths is it’s fitness and the fact that in April we have played four times, three of which at home, I don’t think that is an excessive workload. These are professional athletes I’m talking about after all, yes it is nearing the end of this season/journey but if this is to become the team we hope it will then this period should be all about resilience and strength.There are 3 games remaining in our season Stoke away, Norwich home and finally West Brom away, 7 points from 9 should see us home in 3rd in my humble opinion. Stoke is going to be a VERY tough game without doubt. Norwich on paper should be a home win but then again so was Wigan… West Brom have just turned over Liverpool at Anfield, so that 7 points all of a sudden isn’t looking easy to achieve, so it’s time for that resilience and strength I mentioned earlier.
Finally an observation, when Arsenal are not winning twitter becomes an extremely negative place to be! All our “fans” who whilst they are entitled to their own opinion start stating what is wrong with our play or players. I believe in supporting the side and then venting my frustrations at the final whistle if I indeed have any, perhaps I’m alone in this belief? Please feel free to let me know what you think via twitter @tazwoz200 is my name there so feel free to add me and say hi, thanks for reading and come on you Gunners!


No comments:

Post a Comment