Tuesday 28 February 2012

Sore throat. Sore Hands. Filled with JOY!!!

Hello Arsenal fans!!!!

Well!! They said we couldn't do it and we showed them we could!! And with such flair and exuberance!!

I was so excited, even at 8am as my twitter followers will know... I just had 'a feeling', NO! not that feeling! we had a good chance. With what RVP said in his interview with the Sun the day before, it gave my heart lift, and hope. Wow, did it work!!  As I was getting my boys ready for me to leave and go meet The Dog, Mrs F, and Alex at the pub, both my boys said hang on we'll come with you!! One of them is already a die hard Gooner, but the other one never really has gotten into football to go watch it, or really follow it.  Maybe cause The Dog is trying to get him involved more with GFS_Arsenal, he's watched a couple games lately... Anyway so I said ok, but you gotta wear a shirt. He said ok and so we all marched to the pub in all our Arsenal colors and scarfs.
When we got there Paul (landlord, and unfortunately a Spurs fan) had let Mrs F (who works and lives there), have a whole raised corner of the bar!!  He let her put up signs saying 'HIGHBURY CORNER!!' with Arsenal flags and everything!!  Hats off to Paul, because I don't think any other landlord would've done that!! You're immense, dude!!
So the game started and 4mins in we were already losing.  The Spuds were singing 'Yid army', and I turned round to my son that had never been to a game in the pub and said... Here we go...  When they scored the 2nd, I was actually hoping if we just score a goal it would show that son how it is to be in the Arsenal family...
So by half time with the score 2-2 and half the pub (which was rammed) singing 'Yid Army' and our half singing louder '2-0 and you f@@ked it up, 2-0' I looked back to see my son singing!! So another Arsenal fan was born on Sunday!!
You guys all know the rest of the game, and I'm sure your throats were killing you from singing and hands hurting from clapping!!! I've haven't  seen a game that exciting and memorable in ages!!

Well done Arsenal, and thank you, thank you, thank you, for filling every (old and new) fan with joy in our hearts!!!   Now, just to try and get my shirt back from my son!!  :o)

Signing off,
Surfergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment