Sunday 5 February 2012

The Magnifisent Seven set the bench mark

So Arsenal finally ride into town, guns blazing and the kind of performance to make Yule proud. A small Mexican Village known as the Emirates was under siege by the Chicken Army and  a bin liner revolution. Perhaps the cost of bin liners, allegedly a ten thousand deficit, was too much for the plastic suppliers in North London, or perhaps another dig from the Arsenal friendly press? Bin bags? You can keep your stinking bin bags! (if you know the movie you know what I mean) Yes I know John Cross reported it and he is a top Gooner but hey, perhaps sometimes Arsenal fans get it wrong and then realise that supporting is better than negative reporting!

Now don't get me wrong, I was watching the game with Ray Winstone, by the time he met me we were already 1-0 up in a short amount of time but as he met me, the KFC northern outfit scored an we we looking at an all too typical Arsenal performance, all effort and no result! How wrong can you get? Lets face it, 10 players, 10 passes, 21 seconds and an RVP goal, all most a re visit to days gone by but it just got better.

Who would have though that Walcott and the Ox would be so sharp upfront, what a pairing. Arteta so in control in midfield. The Coq and Kos coming of age and TV5 on fire. Now I am not getting carried away, far from it, we still have a long way to go but my god what a difference a week makes when you have players available and ready to go.

Now I was going to go in depth on the game, explain what happened but hey, you guys have watched it from all the TV coverage, hopefully enjoyed, shouted and with possibly Henry's last goal at the Emirates, unless there is an extension, a terrific game, fabulous play, skill and determination. Hooray for that and a big shout to the Arsenal fans as that has been the noisiest game at home so far this season, even with empty seats. These kind of results come once in a while but we should be proud of the team and manager for proving doubters and press wrong. Why? Did you watch Manure V Chelski today? I think that's enough said. We have a long way to go, Sunderland away will be a real test then we have to face the spuds. I just have faith in my team, win or lose, lets hope it's just win. Thank you Arsenal for another memory, long may it continue!

Laters,
The Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment