Tuesday 13 December 2011

A sticky toffee and a cold for a birthday! Man I'm getting old!

As you can see from the title I am not talking sweets here, rather strange title you might think but it summed up Saturday against the Woolly Backs. First I have to say a massive thank you to the Gooner Family on twitter in helping me get tickets for the game for my GFS family with people re tweeting my please and especially to the following, @DanOsrin for being so kind and coming to the Herbert Chapman with the tickets for me and also @Nevameeturheros for his kind offer. Great Gooners and really great people, make sure you follow then please. I also have to Thank George and Big Ray Winston too!

Well you get to meet so many people at a game at the Emirates, the GFS family from Hove met with Gooner Dan, wear a coat next time mate! Just Littlemsgooner to go!
Big Rays group were all top Gooners and I am hoping Danny will be writing for us in the New Year too.

So from the pub and to the game, by the way this was our view of the day above. The salute to the legends , what was Wrighty wearing? I have to agree with Dan that it appeared the Toffees were here for a draw. We had several chances go begging, it seems we still cannot get the finishing touch with either Walcott or Gervinho but I still have hope in them. Walcott was running Baines a bit ragged but the first half ended in Stalemate. By the way the view of the sun setting from the bar at half time was stunning.



Anyway the second half started where the first left off, this led to a discussion on what type of player would Torres be if he had come to Arsenal, sorry I bit off track but dam good discussion. The it was Song crossing to Captain Fantastic and with his first strike launched it, leaving Howard no where as it went in. Queue chants of 1-0 to The Arsenal, pretty valid for a birthday. Everton did pile on the pressure after that. By the way what is the rule for loosing a boot? Stopping a Game? First for me but there you go! The Toffee fans even copying one of our songs proved hopeless to their cause as it finished with us getting 3 points and 4th for the first time this season. I for one was a very happy Gooner. A big thanks for the laughs we had with Dan's Brother etc afterwards and a truly memorable birthday for Arsenal!

Well the Spuds lost, Shiteh are no longer Invincible and I still have a shocker of cold lingering but I think the weekend was worth it. Also Charlie George looks great in his new Arsenal Gear!

That's all for now guys.

Laters,
The Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment