Thursday 8 December 2011

You Manc Always Get What You Want, But You'll Cry Sometimes...

 The Rolling Stones, just know how to say it. My original blog title was going to be, London 2 Manchester 0 but as I was discussing this with my punters at The Exchange in Hove the Rolling Stones came on, and I thought the song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" was a more fitting title.

 So what is on every ones minds?
 Well my thoughts are that Man Utd are pretty much always up there with the top dogs. Just how many times have they won a trophy? They are a great team and many players look up to them, I for one can't stand them but I still admire how they manage to get somewhere every season. I just can't wait to see what happens after Sir Alex Ferguson leaves for retirement, but all in all they cocked up. They've not been playing very well and with 2 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss to give them a dismal 9 points that just wasn't enough. To be honest they haven't been playing well since they beat us 8-2 (sorry to bring back the memories) and aren't really playing as a team. Last night it was admitted that Man Utd's players were "embarrassed" to be put down to competing in the Europa League, which in the past have taking the piss out of Liverpool for their participation in the cup. So now who's laughing, I will be, along with the reds.
 What makes it even funnier is that United should have gone through, because they had one of the easiest groups and now that makes it only 3 times in 17 years they haven't gone through to the knockout stages.

 Lets get on to Man City shall we... Well to be honest, I'm so happy their out. I couldn't deal with it if they got both the Premier :League and Champions League in the same year. So that's a sigh of relief from me, and a sigh from all those Red Devils fans out there. Now that would be a kick in the teeth, wouldn't it. Even though the did play well, it just wasn't enough to get into the knockout stages.
 It just goes to show that you can't have everything straight away, if you pour all your money into a team. They will lose sometimes, and I've also gotten sick of all the smirking faces of the dirty Man City fans, with all their cheering and rubbing it in your face "best start to the season" bullshit! So good riddens their out, have fun in the "lower" cup. We might be there one day but not this season.

 So on a final note, it's only Arsenal and Chelsea now representing English football. I think we could do it, like I said in my last blog, it's only really Barcelona and Real Madrid who are our main threats with Chelsea's crumbling side not really worth fretting over..

 So have a great weekend guys and bask in the glory that we won't have to come across Man Utd or City!

Love
 Mrs Fabregas
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment