Friday 7 October 2011

Message from the boss!!!!!

I haven't been an Arsenal fan very long, I've been following them since 2003.
I got bought up around Arsenal by my mother, who fell in love with them when she moved to England, and I just started to pay attention. It has only been in the last season that I've managed to have the privilege of going up to the emirates. My first game was West Ham at home, and I remember sitting there towards the end praying to the almighty for at least 1 goal on my first visit. And my prayers were answered on the 88th minute! It was amazing, and I walked away with a huge smile on my face. My next visit was to see Liverpool at home, yes we did draw and it wasn't the best of results but the one thing I remember is trying to sing along or just to start a chant going and an old man in front of us told us to be quiet! My Scottish friend an honorary Arsenal fan turned to him and said "how long have you been coming here?" to which he replied "most of my life" we were shocked to be told to basically sit down and shut up by an old fogy. We need more team spirit for our 11 men on the pitch, which we lack, I've been told it is better to go to an away game because the experience is so much better. So my aim this season is to at least see one away game, to sit with the real and true fans rather than the armchairs fans at home. Which is sad really, we should be real and true at home and away! Not something lacking in the North Bank at the Red Bulls game!

This season I should be going up to see Tottenham and Man Utd at home, I'm a bit more nervous about going up to see spuds but you've got to face the demons and dance to the music.

I've also got to give a shout out to all the Brighton Arsenal fans that I met over the weekend at the Woohoo bar in Brighton, when I first walked in I thought that everyone was a spuds fan so I sat outside with my smoking friends to watch it there. Once the second half had started and we scored I hear a lot of arsenal fans inside so I left my friends behind to go in a be with them. When I got in I got cheered cos I had my new season Arsenal shirt and that I was a girl so into football. For the rest of the game I sat and chatted with them and they seemed like a nice bunch of guys, which I will be be going back to, to watch further games with them.

So as a co-founder of Gunning From Sussex I'm going to make it our aim to unite all Brighton and Sussex Gooners to stand up and take pride in your team no matter what is going on in the papers and with where we are on the table!

Mrs Fabregas

1 comment: