Saturday 15 October 2011

To Be, or not to be...........a Gooner.....

Morning everyone! I've followed and supported Arsenal since reading Nick Hornby's 'Fever Pitch'.  I found my self in this country with a small child and no family and realised I had always supported sports teams in San Diego (where I originate) and had been here for 3 years and hadn't got into any teams for any sport. So when I read Mr. Hornby's wonderful book about Arsenal and the Arsenal family, I thought, that's the place for me!! He was so right about everyone just getting to know each other and share happy games and sad. I started going to watch the games and met some friends here that are still good (Gooner) friends today.  I've met new ones along the way and sadly have lost some too...  Sound like seasons, and players, and trophies? Because it is.  Life and Arsenal throws you lots of curve balls, and ya gotta roll with them... It's not always pretty, and sometimes I'm pulling my hair out and asking those next to me "remind me why I support a football team..'! They usually answer because you LOVE Arsenal!  That's it...  I do, God help us sometimes, but there it is.  That's what makes true fans.  Not how many statistics you can spout out, or how many games you can go to, or selling your kids for season tickets... It's in your heart

So to be, or not to be, a Gooner?

No question for me, I'm in it till I die!!!!!

Surfergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment