Tuesday 18 October 2011

Arsenal Sunderland match report

Abit late but blame hotmail and my hangover.

Let's start with our captain. He's been getting alot of stick in media recently (no surprises there) about leadership and needing to give more. To lead by example. Anyone with the faintest idea of football could see he was out to prove them wrong. The first 20mins he was amazing. A goal in 29 seconds. Big mention to Tom and 5head for setting it up but it was an assured finish with his right foot. He was after everything and was unlucky not to pick up a couple more. He ran the show.
Yes. He only has 2 years on his contract and it smacks of na$ri and flamini but I think RVP has more class than that. And if you saw his celebration after the free-kick you can't be left with any doubt he loves this glorious club. The free-kick was sensational. It remind me of the carling cup goal against wigan last season at Highbury, which coincedently is the first match I attended with my brother whom I now share a season ticket.
It's just a shame Theo can't replicate the skill he possesses, he is a sprinter with not a footballing bone in his body. The amount of times Jenko made fantastic runs down the wing just to look up a think "Theo? Hello? Where are you?" and if Andrey can play like he did when he came on absolute gagging to impress i don't think his place is assured and too right.
With the emergence of The Ox I think he needs to step up or do one. £15mill in Jan? Yes please.
But anyway back to the match. We haven't turned a corner but 5(maybe 6) wins on the bounce at home is a good start, and if we can keep the little mistakes away; not mentioning any names *cough Cheser cough Jenko* the confidence will return and The Kings of London can roll back into town and feast on wine and women.
We have to mention Larsson's goal. It was probably better than RVPs but that's only because we trained him, yes I am biased, and if you don't like it do one.
Anyway I'm rambling now and i have a delicious looking plate of nandos calling my name so I'll call it a day.
But come on Gooners. Chin up.....were 10th.

Gooner Dan
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment