Saturday 1 October 2011

It's always Darkest just before the dawn

Believe it or not but today is the 1st October, Christmas gifts are now in the shops along with winter wear, adverts talking about the nights drawing in and where have I been? On the beach with my dog Charlie George enjoying a typical summers day in Hove. Yes the world has truly gone mad, but it was hot and gorgeous so sorry for the late blog.

The title of today's blog says it all for me. Will tomorrow be our darkest hour or will it herald a new dawn? Lets look at our recent form against the old enemy.

21/04/2011 Spurs 3-3 Arsenal
20/11/10 Arsenal 2-3 Spurs
20/09/10 Spurs 1-4 Arsenal (league cup)

In fact we have to go back to 31/10/09 to see a comprehensive win in the premier league. Arsenal finished 3-0 winners at home so you could say they have the upper hand in being at home and playing a much depleted Arsenal side. With Song looking to be in the defence alongside the BFG, it will be Gibbs and Sagna to try and keep Ady and Modric and Bail at bay. Frimpong will get his chance but am hoping to see the Ox back out to show Spurs what we have in Talent. RVP make it 103 up front I think there will be goals, very tight but will put us down to scrape a 2-3 win.


I am avoiding my usual watering hole tomorrow to have a spot of lunch with season ticket holder and chef, Ray Winston and watch the match. I will go into his name reasons in another blog but he is a top top Gooner.
So I wish your team the very best as I wish mine and enjoy tomorrow. All Gooners will be in fine voice even if it is at the hole of shite.

Finally it is two years to the day since my Dad passed and because of him I am a Gooner and still miss him very much. As he would say, "Spurs? Would not waste my piss on em" Big on Words my Dad.

Have a great day all and as ever.....
Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment